Data Privacy Notice
The Briars Group is registered for compliance with Data Protection laws with the ICO in the UK. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain how The Briars Group and its subsidiaries use your personal information which we may receive, collect or hold when you use or visit our websites, or which we obtain from you during our contract.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information that you provide by filling in any forms that we may put onto our website at www.briarsgroup.com.
This also includes
- job applications where we may collect, store and use your contact details, vacancy application and associated essential papers in order to process your application through the recruitment process. – Please note that this data is limited to the relevant personnel within The Briars Group responsible for recruitment or the websites maintenance.
- information provided at the time of contracting to be a client of The Briars Group, when posting material on The Briars Group LinkedIn site or when enquiring about Briars services through our firstname.lastname@example.org address.
- Website usage information which we collect and maintain relating to your use of our website where you have accepted the website’s cookies. We do this to better understand the types of visitors visiting our websites with the view to improving your experience. Unless you provide us with specific personal data (as mentioned above in job applications) the data that we obtain from your visit to our websites precludes individual identification and our marketing reports are aggregate anonymous reports. Please see below under the heading “Cookies”.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to support the delivery of our contracted services to you, to manage your account, to process your job application and, with your consent, to keep you informed about The Briars Group services that may be of interest to you and relevant to your businesses.
Where consent has been obtained, we will only share your information with GDPR-compliant third parties when deemed appropriate and of benefit to you. We may also share your personal information with GDPR-compliant third parties when legally instructed, or where The Briars Group has a justifiable legitimate interest (such as for auditing purposes). We will not provide your personal information to third parties for any other purpose.
Please note that
- we will use your information collected from the website to personalise and improve your repeat visits and for statistical analysis only.
- your data is limited to the relevant personnel within The Briars Group responsible for a given task (such as recruitment where you have applied for a vacancy) or the websites’ maintenance.
International transfers of Personal Information (including to outsourced service providers)
There may be occasions where we need to transfer your personal information to Briars Local Service Providers [LSPs] in other countries outside of the European Economic Area [EEA] as part of our provision of contracted services to you.
It is known that countries outside the EEA often do not provide the same high level of data protection and we will work to ensure that your personal data is used and maintained in line with our contracted services with you.
Where such information is being shared with Briars LSPs who are based within the EEA, we have in place the blanket data protection clauses to address your contracted services where we remain as Data Controller.
The Briars Group also maintains data protection and confidentiality agreements with our LSPs.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of our arrangements with LSPs please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that where you, either directly or indirectly, provide The Briars Group with Personal Information about another person, you will retain complete responsibility for complying with all relevant applicable data protection laws regarding the provision of that information to us and our use of said data.
What security measures are in place?
The Briars Group uses industry-standard SSL certificates to encrypt website traffic to safeguard all data sent and received.
We maintain appropriate technical and organisational security measures targeted at the protection of your personal data from unauthorised or unlawful use, and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.
Where a contractual relationship is in place between you and The Briars Group, we will retain your personal data for six years plus one rolling year for compliance with the UK Companies Act 2006. If required by law or regulations, we may retain your details further but only under specific
We would like to send you information about The Briars Group and our services that will be of interest and benefit to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at any time. You have a right to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to:
- request a copy of the information that we hold about you
- object or request erasure, anonymisation or blockage of data processed in breach of the law
- object on legitimate grounds to processing of said data
- restrict how we process your personal data
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information please click here to send an email. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of websites and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Our website contains links to other websites. This Privacy Notice only applies to www.briarsgroup.com, so when you link to other websites you should closely read their own privacy notices.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice is applicable as at 15 May 2018 and will be updated on an ongoing basis.
Latest review and update: 14th September 2020