The payroll department provides a fully managed payroll service for a wide range of clients effectively acting as their in-house payroll team.
We cover UK and Ireland payroll processing and payments services as well as a fully managed international service.
We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and accuracy.
The role of Payroll Clerk involves the provision of a comprehensive Payroll service to a wide range of corporate clients. You will be working as part of a team of no 3 that takes pride in providing our UK and International clients a high quality, professional and efficient service.
RESPONSIBILITIES (the list below is not exhaustive)
• Processing UK payroll from start to finish, including set up of new starters/ processing leavers
• Providing manual calculations / tax breakdowns for clients
• Processing shares / loans, statutory payments (SMP, SSP, AEO’s)
• Corresponding with third party providers re childcare vouchers, cycle to work and SIP schemes; liaising with HMRC to resolve PAYE issues
• Administering pension schemes/ liaising with providers re DD collections, change in contributions etc
• Preparing and signing off monthly payments/ Bank Reconciliations/ Requesting funds from clients
• Payroll ledger output reports/ reconciling journals for finance teams and auditors
• Payroll Year End reporting – RTI submissions and issue P60’s to employees
• Set up of employer/ employee accounts on Doclock (online payslip portal), uploading payroll documentation/ sending log on details to employees or employers
• Answering pay / tax code queries from employees; providing clients with detailed payroll legislation upon request. (E.g. processes for employees about to start maternity leave, conditions of salary sacrifice schemes, Statutory Sick Pay entitlements, treatment of termination payments)
• Administration of some smaller international payrolls including liaising with in-country local service providers
• Provide monthly employee information for billing purposes
• Previous experience in a busy multi-client, multi-company or bureau operation is required for this role
• Strong up to date knowledge of UK payroll compliance
• Ability to undertake or review manual calculations
• Experience of payroll software, ideally STAR
• Formal payroll qualification for example, CIPP
• Irish payroll processing experience
• International payroll experience
• Confident, self-starter who can work on their own initiative
• Highly developed interpersonal and client liaison skills – strong team player
• Flexible with the ability to juggle changing priorities and work to tight deadlines
• Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
• Problem solver
Because of the changing nature of our business your job description will inevitably change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.