Senior Manager – Tax Services
c. £60-£80k depending upon experience
Head Office (Elstead, Surrey) – would consider hybrid or remote working.
Full time 37.5 hours per week
This role reports to the Operations Director. The Tax function, which is a key part of the whole service, is presently refocussing its direction of growth and seeking to enhance its services across the provision of international both for corporates and their people.
You will be experienced in tax compliance and reporting, both domestically for the UK but also with the knowledge and skill to understand and advise on the impact of international land & expand. You will also have highly-developed client handling skills, proven team management skills, and a logical problem-solving approach.
Due to the nature of the role there is no requirement to be in the office on a regular basis and would consider hybrid or remote working.
RESPONSIBILITES (the list below is not exhaustive)
- Develop and promote our range of domestic and international Tax services to clients.
- Manage the small UK Tax Team in terms of overall technical quality, client service, utilisation, and profitability. Set, update, and manage team priorities and deliverables on a regular basis.
- Manage relationships and deliverables with overseas Tax Partners.
- Deliver a professional Tax service to internal departments and Directors.
- Identify and deliver service improvement projects.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly input to the billing team.
- Deliver hands-on client advice, as required.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- A graduate-level education with a minimum of 5 years’ international experience at Tax Manager level.
- Your background will include a fast-paced, highly responsive, and highly professional environment.
- You will understand the challenges and dynamics of working in an SME, yet apply the discipline and rigours of a larger organisation.
- You will be used to working at CXO level with clients and naturally translate Tax jargon into simple language.
- Must be an experienced ‘hands-on’ manager with a solution focus.
- Familiarity with ex-pat assignments and global mobility packages.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES – demonstrated
- Self-motivated and confident.
- A drive to succeed in a busy, multi-client, environment with constantly changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and high standard of numeracy.
- Sound decision-making skills.
Because of the changing nature of our business, your job description will inevitably change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.