Financial Operations Manager
c. £40-£45k depending upon experience
Head Office (Elstead, Surrey)
Full time 37.5 hours per week
The Briars Group provides the back-office power to support growing entrepreneurial and international businesses.
As one of the most respected names in international affairs for more than twenty-five years, our creative and energetic teams provide services across the fields of People, Finance and Tax. Designed for businesses which are looking to expand locally or internationally, we offer highly-regarded turn-key solutions.
Our services are tailor-made to fit our clients’ needs so that they can concentrate on running their businesses. A full global operation can be managed in one time zone just as easily as we can support an ambitious business taking its first tentative next steps.
We offer a fun, friendly and supportive environment and encourage individuals to demonstrate and develop their talents. We don’t understand ‘no’ and ‘can’t’. The only thing that we expect when we come to work each day is that it will be different from the day before!
Our clients located across the UK, mainland Europe, the Americas and the Far East are witness to decades of proven support… the Briars way!
Currently employing a specialist team of circa 25 talented staff, The Briars Group and this role is based in our busy head office in Elstead, Surrey.
Reporting to the Operations Director the newly formed role of Financial Operations Manager will provide high quality process, reporting and quality control to the operations team.
Key to our quality control processes this role will ensure that all our client banking and payments are processed and released in line with authorisations and mandates.
Internally, the role will produce detailed annual budgets and quarterly re-forecasts by liaising with all departments, analysing trends, querying assumptions, and identifying cost savings. Ad hoc analysis and reporting is also a significant feature.
A sound commercial acumen and attention to detail means that you can turn your hand to a variety of client and internal projects.
RESPONSIBILITES (the list below is not exhaustive)
- Produce detailed annual budgets and quarterly re-forecasts
- Produce accurate monthly management and variance reports
- Produce business and client profitability and analysis reports as required
- Review and approve all bank payments
- Review and approve all sales invoices
- Review and approve all purchase invoices
- Ensure compliance with banking regulations
- Undertake general client work as required
- Ad hoc duties as required
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- A background in accounting, banking or finance would be an advantage
- Must highly numerate with good commercial acumen
- Computer skills must include MS Word, MS Outlook and advanced MS Excel
- A high level of education is essential
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES – demonstrated
- Able to work on own initiative
- Flexible with the ability to juggle changing priorities
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work constantly to tight deadlines
- Strong communication and influencing skills
Because of the changing nature of our business, your job description will inevitably change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.