The Briars Group
Accounts Assistant – Maternity Cover
Finance & Admin
Manager, Finance & Admin
c. £18-£21k depending upon experience
Full time 37.5 hours per week, or part-time (min 25 hours per week)
12 to 14 months
The Briars Group provides the back office power to support growing entrepreneurial and international businesses.
As one of the most respected names in international affairs for more than twenty-five years, our creative and energetic teams provide services across the fields of People, Finance, Tax. Designed for businesses which are looking to expand locally or internationally, we offer highly-regarded turn-key solutions.
We don’t offer one-size-fits-all solutions – our services are tailor-made to fit our clients’ needs so that they can concentrate on running their businesses. A full global operation can be managed in one time zone just as easily as we can support an ambitious business taking its first tentative next steps.
We offer a fun, friendly and supportive environment and encourage individuals to demonstrate and develop their talents. We don’t understand ‘no’ and ‘can’t’ and don’t expect you to either. The only thing that we expect when we come to work each day is that it will be different from the day before!
Our clients located across the UK, mainland Europe, North America and the Far East are witness to decades of proven support… the Briars way!
Currently employing a specialist team of circa 25 talented staff and growing rapidly, we seek an Accounts Assistant for Maternity Cover to enhance our team.
The Briars Group is located within easy reach of Guildford, Godalming and Farnham, in spacious modern offices with free on-site parking and a café serving freshly prepared meals and sandwiches. Generous company benefits including private medical insurance life assurance and pension.
The Finance and Admin team take responsibility for the Briars accounts, banking and payments including the Online Foreign Exchange Function. Additionally, the department manages the Business Support Function for Briars.
The role of Accounts Assistant provides administrative support to the Accounting Department. The role will be working as part of a team that takes pride in providing clients and the business with a high quality, friendly and efficient service.
RESPONSIBILITIES – (not exhaustive)
- Raising monthly and ad hoc invoices.
- Raising disbursement invoices and working closely with the team on the disbursement process.
- Raising WIP invoices and working with Head of Departments to ensure all billable revenue has been billed.
- Credit control – weekly email and daily monitoring of cash receipts
- Dealing with client queries and monitoring the credit control inbox.
- Arranging for client approval to pay invoices for clients who hold trust accounts.
- Updating the billing spreadsheet.
- Adding new client information / new job codes to SPS.
- Ensuring all filing is kept up to date.
- Answering telephones and redirecting calls if required.
- Ad hoc administrative duties.
- Computer skills must include MS Excel, MS Word, and Microsoft Outlook (emails/calendar)
- A high level of basic education is essential (minimum Maths and English GCSE A-C)
- Knowledge of SAGE Line 50 is preferable
- Experience in a similar accounting environment is preferable.
- Flexible with the ability to juggle changing priorities
- Strong communication skills
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work constantly to tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a multi-client environment
Because of the changing nature of our business your job description will inevitably change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.