The Briars Group provides the back office power to support growing entrepreneurial and international businesses.
As one of the most respected names in international affairs for more than twenty-five years, our creative and energetic teams provide services across the fields of People, Finance, Tax. Designed for businesses which are looking to expand locally or internationally, we offer highly-regarded turn-key solutions.
We don’t offer one-size-fits-all solutions – our services are tailor-made to fit our clients’ needs so that they can concentrate on running their businesses. A full global operation can be managed in one time zone just as easily as we can support an ambitious business taking its first tentative next steps.
We offer a fun, friendly and supportive environment and encourage individuals to demonstrate and develop their talents. We don’t understand ‘no’ and ‘can’t’ and don’t expect you to either. The only thing that we expect when we come to work each day is that it will be different from the day before!
Our clients located across the UK, mainland Europe, North America and the Far East are witness to decades of proven support… the Briars way!
Currently employing a specialist team of circa 25 talented staff and growing rapidly, we seek an Accountant to enhance our team.
The Briars Group is located within easy reach of Guildford, Godalming and Farnham, in spacious modern offices with free on-site parking and a café serving freshly prepared meals and sandwiches. Generous company benefits including private medical insurance life assurance and pension.
The Accounts team takes pride in providing our UK and International clients a high quality, professional and efficient accounting service.
The role of the Accountant will require you to be able to work closely with both your clients and support the Accounts Team through every stage of the clients’ development, including the set-up process for new businesses.
The principal requirement is to provide the level of support to our clients that they would expect from their own in-house teams.
- Review and production of management accounts
- Set-up of accounting reporting packs for new clients
- Approving of supplier and employee payment runs
- Preparation and review of statutory accounts
- Preparing and filing VAT returns
- Production and advice on monthly cash flows
- Liaising with our accounting support teams in India and Philippines
- Liaising with local teams on other country reporting
- Assist with quality assurance for third party supplier outputs
- Auditor liaison and audit support
- Responsibility for all accounting requirements for your own client portfolio
- Answering client queries and advising on specific accounting matters
- Consultancy projects including forecasting and planning.
- Awareness of costs incurred and fees for all clients
- Provide team assistance for the Manager when required during Manager absence.
- Familiar with UK reporting requirements and the business tax environment
- IT literate with strong Excel skills
- Experience in the preparation of management & statutory accounts
- Experienced at reviewing management accounts analytically
- Experience of working in a multi-company, or multi-client environment
- Experience of Sage Line 50
- Confident, self-starter who can work on their own initiative
- Highly developed interpersonal and client liaison skills – strong team player
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Problem solver
Because of the changing nature of our business your job description will inevitably change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.