OUCH UK are working towards increasing the awareness of the condition and to help support sufferers and their families.
The charity was registered in 2001 and exists to raise general awareness of Cluster Headache within the medical profession and the general public. They offer support and guidance to sufferers and their families and work closely with the Royal Free Hospital and King’s College Hospital in London where their Patron, Professor Peter Goadsby is based.
The charity aims to:
- Provide support for sufferers of Cluster Headaches and their families.
- Work to improve understanding of the condition, its prevalence and its effects.
- Liaise with the medical profession to improve diagnosis and treatment.
- Provide information and access to Cluster Headache sufferers to those engaged in research into the causes, treatments and cure for the condition.
- Produce its own database based on the experience of sufferers.
- Maintain a website as a source of information and a contact area for those affected, and produce similar literature for those without internet access.