Work with us
Always on the lookout for exceptional talent.
Senior IT Engineer
We currently seek a talented Senior IT engineer to enhance our IT team. The role will be based in our busy Godalming office and will also involve travelling to client sites when required.
The IT team of 6 provides an essential service both internally as well as supporting our wide range of clients.
We own and operate our own data centre and design and manage services to meet our clients’ needs focusing heavily on virtualisation.
Most of the client service delivery is conducted remotely but there may be a need to attend the client site.
The role of Senior Engineer involves designing, testing and deploying IT solutions, often leveraging virtualisation heavily. The successful candidate will be an IT ‘all-rounder’ and draw on a solid understanding across key areas including networking, but not necessarily be a subject matter expert, as well as being the natural escalation point of 3rd line for the IT Client Service Team. The ability to problem solve, reach successful outcomes through teamwork or engaging vendors will be essential.
If you think that you have the skills that we are looking for please send your cv and covering letter to
- Design and Implement IT solutions bespoke to client requirements.
- Design and implement IT projects for internal systems.
- Implement service improvements to the current IT services
- Work with the Lead Engineer & Solutions Architect on pre-sales queries
- Carry technical responsibility for the data centre and services within
- Be the 3rd line escalation point for the IT Client Service Team
- Attend client site, as required, for service requests and/or project work which will require full access to own vehicle
- Attend pre-sales/account review meetings at client sites
- Confident, self-starter who can work on their own initiative
- Highly developed interpersonal and client liaison skills – strong team player
- Flexible with the ability to juggle changing priorities and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Problem solver
Experience – essential
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in IT, with at least 3 in a senior role
- Extensive VMWare VSphere, with minimum VCP5 certification or above is key
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012
- Current full clean UK drivers licence
Experience – desirable
- Data centre systems and design
- Good networking experience with STP, LACP, BGP
- Fortinet firewalls
- VMWare SRM and vCentre Orchestrator
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Microsoft SCCM
- CCDA/CCNA/MCSA or similar qualification
- Solution design
- Competent with Active Directory, Exchange 2007-2013, SQL Server 2005-2012
- Experience with designing a range of IT solutions for SME clients
- Competent with networking with LAN and WAN technologies
- Competent with network security with firewalls